Safety is awarded the highest priority at KLM. KLM uses a security management system to analyse risks and thus determine safe flight paths. Substantiated by such analyses, it is once again safe to fly over Iran and Iraq.
This decision is also based on the information shared within the Dutch group of experts that unites all Dutch airlines, the intelligence services, the NCTV counter-terrorism unit, the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.
The British and German governments have also issued a notice to airmen (NOTAM), stating that commercial airlines can once again fly safely over Iran and Iraq. Furthermore, on 16 January 2020, the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) issued a notification that it would be safe to fly above Iran at an altitude of more than 25,000 feet (7,620 metres).
Read more about travelling to Iran
- Is it safe to travel to Iran
- Why Iran Small Group Tours Are The Best Way To Visit Iran
- The travelers’ voice: Opinions about the SURFIRAN experience
- Travel to Iran Has Always Been My Dream—That Hasn’t Changed
- 10 Things to Know Before You Visit Iran
- Iran tours & activities hand-picked by local experts
- List of World Heritage Sites in Iran
- Who travels with SURFIRAN? A snapshot of our group tours
SURFIRAN is an Iranian tour operator and travel agency offering tour packages to those interested in Iran. It provides the tourists with services needed to travel to Iran, offers tours across the country, and assists the tourists in obtaining Iranian visas.