Effective from 01 October 2015, holders of normal passports issued by the following countries are eligible for Iran Visa on Arrival:
Albania, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, China (People’s Republic), Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Korea, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Singapore, Slovak (Rep.), Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yugoslavia Fed. Rep.Visa exemption
Documents Required for Iran Visa on Arrival
- The applicant(s) should have a confirmed return ticket and a valid passport with at least 6 months validity and a photo to be attached to the application form.
- Visa fee is 50 Euro for the holder of the passport and 50 Euro for each one of the companions (if any).
- This type of visa is only for Tourism purposes.
Visit Iran Without a Visa
Citizens of the following 8 countries can visit Iran without a visa.
- Azerbaijan 30 days
- Bolivia 30 days
- Georgia 45 days
- Malaysia 15 days
- Sri Lanka 1 month
- Syria 90 days
- Turkey 3 months
- Venezuela 15 days
All tourists may stay in Kish Island for 14 days or less without obtaining any visa. No entry visa is required for Kish. Foreign nationals need no entry visa at the authorised arrival and departure points in Kish Island. At Kish International Airport, the officials will take your photograph, fingerprints, and stamp your passport, allowing you to stay up to 14 days on the Island. If you are western, you may be asked about the purpose of your visit. Make sure you bring all verification paperwork including hotel reservations with phone numbers, etc.
* Holders of passports or travel documents containing a visa/stamp for Israel are not eligible for to get Iran visa.
* The US, Canada, Iraq, Colombia, Jordan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan are not eligible to get Iran visa on arrival and should get their visa beforehand.