“Why go to Iran?” This is a question people often asked when I tell them I was going there. I would have ask the same if it wasn’t the words of mouth I heard over the years about how awesome Iran is, how incredibly friendly the people are, and how off the beaten path the whole country is.
Peter R. visited Iran in 2016. In a video, he shares his experiences travelling around Iran with some shots to show real Iran.
Pete. R. visited Iran in 2016. he added the first day I arrived in Tehran, I was walking around the Bazaar and we were approached by several locals asking what we think about Iran, gave us free tea and cakes, and allowed us to roam their warehouses without asking for anything in return.
This similar scenario happened a lot more throughout my 2 weeks time in Iran and really got me thinking about how misinformed I was about the country.
It is very safe to travel in Iran, easy to do it independently as the locals will go out of their ways to help you, and the people are one of the friendliest people in the world. Not to mention how beautiful the landscape is, how stunning all the attractions are, and how off the beaten track the whole country is.
Iran is truly a special country that with restore your heart and soul and I hope that this video shows at least half of the warmth I got from the amazing people in Iran.
Read more about travelling to Iran
- Is it safe to travel to Iran
- Why Iran Small Group Tours Are The Best Way To Visit Iran
- The travelers’ voice: Opinions about the SURFIRAN experience
- Travel to Iran Has Always Been My Dream—That Hasn’t Changed
- 10 Things to Know Before You Visit Iran
- Iran tours & activities hand-picked by local experts
- List of World Heritage Sites in Iran
- Who travels with SURFIRAN? A snapshot of our group tours